RIP Ipod

Posted by Jacpot under , , , ,

This morning at 3:13 am my IPod passed away. I literally cried myself to sleep. 50 gigs of music gone forever. If you ever had the pleasure of listening to my Pod then you know I had the baddest one on the block. My shit had EVERYTHING from Tribe Called Quest, to the DMX vs Cannibus Mix-tape, I had old DJ Clue tapes, every current album and a secret stash of unreleased music from my own group. It was so bad that you could put my joint on shuffle and not have to worry about skipping anything cause every song was crack. Everyone who owns a Pod knows that ONE DAY its going to fail on you but you try not to think about it. Why me, why so soon? I've only owned it for 1 year. Its crazy how it went down. Me and Asi Frio had just downloaded that new Rick Ross and that new T.I. mixtapes and right as he connected my joint to the computer it wouldn't sync. Then itunes froze up and the computer started tripping. We have a Mac in the studio so I wasn't bugging, I unplugged my Pod and restarted the computer thinking nothing of it. When I rebooted my ipod it said there was no music on it. I tried rebooting it a few more times and still it said "no music." The weird thing about it is that when I checked the hard drive space it shows that I have 50 Gigs of space used! Well why isn't the music showing on the actual unit? I tried reconnecting it to the computer and searching the hidden music folder. All my songs are still there but somehow they got corrupted. I'm kinda hesitant to format it because I don't want to completely clear the joint. I still have a glimmer of hope being that the songs are still there. Looks like I need to take a trip to the Apple Store. I will keep everyone updated on the situation.

4 comments:

On June 4, 2010 at 12:11 AM , EnticingGoddess said...

aww mine went up too... smh :(

 
On June 4, 2010 at 8:00 AM , Anonymous said...

if you format the Ipod while its not connected(look up factory restore Ipod), it will erase everything but you can connect it and it will sync up again.

 
On June 4, 2010 at 8:11 AM , Jacpot said...

Yeah But I don't want to erase everything. I got stuff on their thats really important to me

 
On June 7, 2010 at 5:04 PM , Anonymous said...

i know how yu feel ! mine did the same thing in the beginnig of April . it was working just fine then it needed to be charged . put it on the charger , itunes opened up , said it was connected i was playin the music thru my laptop unhooked it that night and it still sayd it was bout to die . then i tried the next day . same thing happened . tried to reset it by leaving it on the charger for 8 hrs . didnt work , itunes didnt even open that time . then i brought it to the apple store & they told me my junk was dead . and there was no coming back .. i only had 10 gb of music but it was an 80gb ipod . i planned to fill it . i almost cried .. i lost sooo much music :/