Precious

Posted by Jacpot under , , ,


Just got done watching Precious for the first time. That movie is depressing as hell. And just when you think it can't get any worse she gets HIV and shit. Real tear jerker yo. Monique's role as her mother was crazy as hell. I was like damn son dont be talkin to your daughter like that. The crazy thing about it is theres some families out there that are actually like that. Puts things in perspective yo. Sometimes you think you got it bad but a movie like this lets you know that it could definitely be worse. Great flick though, I highly recommend everyone to check it out. After seeing this I actually feel bad about joking on her fat ass. SMH

4 comments:

On May 25, 2010 at 5:21 PM , Jacpot said...

LOL!!! Yeah but that shit was crazy as hell yo. I wasn't expecting all that. But Lol at that comment. You see the tags I put up! Lol

 
On May 25, 2010 at 6:20 PM , Anonymous said...

Toya-
This movie really makes you open your eyes. like you said, you think you have it bad,then you see something like this, and it makes your problems seem like nothing!This movie broke my heart, it made me look at people in a diffrent way. Instead of being judgmental, it helped me to learn that you never know what a person has been through, or where they came from.I wanted to help this girl so bad!! it felt like i knew her,it really was touching. Yeah it's a movie and it wasnt based on a true story, but things like this happen all the time to young girls.They end up growing into damaged women,who belive the whole world will continue to hurt them, and they have no choice but to fight, cause thats all they know..This movie was based on the book "PUSH, By Sapphire, and the movie was good, but the book went into so much more detail!! I finished it without even putting it down.you really have the check it out, to really appreciate the story.

 
On May 25, 2010 at 6:26 PM , Jacpot said...

Nice Toya!!! and Im definitely gonna check out that book. If its better then the movie then I gotta read

 
On May 25, 2010 at 6:31 PM , Anonymous said...

yeah the book was 100x better. The way she explained everything mad you get a perfect vision of what actually happened to her, thats why to me the movie didnt do the story justice, it seemed like the rushed it in the movie, in the book, she took it all the way back to how it started..bu ti wont say anymore, get that book, and let me know what you think!__Toya